The Ichobezi houseboat and Ichingo lodge is a family run business with a 15 year track record of excellent service and quality. The Ichobezi houseboats allow the guests to experience a safari like no other. The boats cruise along the Chobe River giving guests the opportunity to view the park from a floating lodge. The boats operate within the Chobe National Park where guests can make use of all the activities available, or simply relax and enjoy scenery from their cabins or from the viewing deck.
There are no set itineraries so guests decide when they want to do an activity – we are very flexible. There are also no set departures so guests can join on any day we will take them to where the boat is on that day with a tender boat.
Ichobezi Houseboat facts:
- 5 staff on board
- 4 luxury cabins all en-suite with large sliding windows opening onto the river.
- Bathrooms have shower, toilet and hand basin
- Lounge, bar, open air dining area, sun deck and plunge pool.
- unity development levy (R 40 pp per stay
Valid from 1 December 2013 – 30 November 2014
Low season: (Dec – May) ZAR 3 000 per person sharing
Low Season single: ZAR 3 960
Child u-12 sharing with parents: ZAR 1 500
High season (June – November) ZAR 4 700 per person sharing
High season single: ZAR 5 680
Children u-12 sharing with parents: ZAR 2 350
Included in the rate:
- Accommodation in en-suite cabins
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily (early morning coffee and brunch can be arranged)
- House wines, beers, soft drinks and mineral water.
- Game viewing by tender boat with knowledgeable guide – each party has their own boat and guide, so there are no scheduled activities – you decide when you want to do something.
- Park fees, fishing licenses and tourism levies
- Birding by boat or on foot
- Guided walks on the Caprivi floodplains
- Tiger and bream fishing including equipment
- Premium brand drinks
- Visas (entry into Botswana and Namibia required)
- Voluntary comm